Hello again, nice to see you.
Emotional maturity? Is this what we are going to discuss today. I think it is a very important topic to discuss because we tend to have a bit of ego that doesn’t want to let you down in front of anyone even if you are wrong. This is the worst behavior one could ever have. This not only gives fake satisfaction of being honest but also develops a fraud mindset that will eventually push your loved ones away. You’ll soon start losing your true identity for sure if you don’t rectify it. And am pretty sure that you might have met such a person at least once. If not, you are truly blessed to have emotionally mature people around you. And also check for yourself if you are an emotionally mature person too.
Here are a few signs of emotional maturity :
1. You think before coming to a conclusion
- Spontaneous reaction – People have stopped thinking before taking action. The most common reason why they do it because they don’t want to lose an argument. According to such people, the ego becomes the priority and they don’t fail to serve it. It is saddening.
- On the other hand, some people take the time to understand a particular scenario. Such people never jump into conclusions. They analyze both sides of the argument and come up with a healthy solution.
- No matter how critical the situation is, they do not lose there cool.
- At times we are encountered by silly and provocative people whose sole purpose is to provoke and disturb your inner peace. But if you chose not to react and keep calm to such behavior, you are emotionally mature.
- The most common sign of emotional maturity is, you are not quick to anger.
- You do not lose your cool.
- You will not speak something which you would regret later.
- You are thoughtfully deliberate meaning there is a slow and careful movement of thoughts.
2. You Accept Your Mistakes.
- Apologizing for your mistakes is a good sign of emotional maturity.
- We live in a generation that is never sorry for whatever loss they do. Be it ruining your composure or ruining a relation.
- They find it cool to hurt someone and walk away as if they were never responsible for someone’s deteriorating condition because that has become a usual thing and such people are in majority.
- For example, talking to someone in an ill-mannered way just because you are rich, or have a higher ranking in a certain field. But that just makes you less human.
- You are an emotionally mature person if you accept your mistakes and apologize for your deed, valuing the relations over your ego.
- Saying sorry with emotions is a sign of emotional maturity.
3. You draw healthy boundaries.
- Are you a highly sensitive person? If yes read along.
- People tend to keep quiet when someone tries to invade their space or force them to do certain things which they are not comfortable doing.
- Saying no is a sign of high emotional maturity.
- Ever experienced saying yes to something which you didn’t like doing and because you didn’t want them to think that it is so selfish of you to deny.
- But hey it’s ok to say no.
- It’s ok to prioritize yourself above others without hurting them.
4. You know your emotions.
- Knowing your emotion means understanding how you are feeling.
- At times we are so frustrated and sometimes flabbergasted about the fact that why are we feeling in a way we are feeling.
- Let me make it simple , we at times don’t understand what we are feeling. Whether we are sad or angry.
- But an emotionally mature person has complete control over his/hers emotions.
- They know what they are feeling and regulate their emotions for a healthier outlook of life.
- Some times people use bitter words or they might speak something which would demotivate you but such nonsense should bother you.
If words control you, that means everyone else can control you. Breathe and allow things to pass. – Warren Buffett
- It is up to you, how much power you allow those words to have in your lives.
- So congratulations if other’s opinions don’t bother you, it means you have attained a high emotional maturity.
5. You Listen and you are self-aware.
- You listen to your fellow beings.
- You accept the suggestions of others and analyze to improve yourself.
- You are not triggered by other’s words.
- Now, being self-aware is not being selfish.
- You know what you want and you get things done if you want to without hurting others.
- You succeed in getting your point across.
- There is no conflict between your thoughts and actions.
It is very important to understand that Emotional Maturity has nothing to do with age. People younger than us are highly mature while some elders still don’t know what they are doing because of which they match none of the signs mentioned above. It is difficult to achieve such maturity but not impossible. All you need is patience and acceptance.
I hope you loved this post. Comment down which signs of emotional maturity you have. Thanks for reading. See you soon.