Nice to see you again.
“Mental health? Depression? Are you serious? Come on, It’s just your brain playing around” this is what we hear everytime when we try to talk about this word ‘DEPRESSION’.
We all are depressed. Yes! We are. My hands are shaking while typing this particular blog. This year has been ruthless and devastating in every way possible. Let me tell you, what we should learn from 2020. After the death of Sushant Singh Rajput, the media is discussing mental health. The one thing that he made possible but he is a saddening example of money and fame can’t buy us happiness. Let’s talk about what happened to my favorite personalities like AVICII, Chester Bennington (Singer-LINKIN PARK), and many others. A mental health issue – DEPRESSION.
- A very old friend of ours, we hate it but can’t walk away from it. Some of you don’t know what depression means or how it feels like and end up saying that depression is a myth. A made-up story of your mind. Let me tell you depression is a mysterious and invisible feeling that just invades into you and makes you surrender to it.
- Some of you might not even know that you are depressed because in a country like India one cannot be depressed if he/she is academically strong, owns a huge mansion, has a heavy bank balance, has a secure job, or people disrespecting their choice for the happiness of others ( THE SHADOW CONCEPT – I’ll repost a shorter version).
- Like I said before, in a country like India, people don’t know if they are depressed or not because we are either surrounded by depressed people or the people around us don’t think that something like depression exists and can be fatal if not detected.
- Please, help a person if you see the following signs in them because you might lose your loved ones because you couldn’t understand what depression was doing to them.
- You might even ruin your relationship with them because you thought he/she was acting weird to seek your attention but all they wanted, was your help.
- What can be better than saving someone’s life at the right time and to teach them the value of themselves?
- Also, analyze if you have such signs.
Signs Of Depression :
- Trouble concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions.
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, and helplessness.
- Pessimism and hopelessness.
- Insomnia, early-morning wakefulness, or sleeping too much.
- Loss of interest in things once pleasurable, including sex.
- Overeating, or appetite loss.
- Aches, pains, headaches, or cramps that won’t go away.
- Digestive problems that don’t get better, even with treatment.
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” feelings.
- Suicidal thoughts or attempts.
- Pay close attention to their words while they talk or when they post something on social media.
- A sudden switch from sadness to extreme calmness, or appearing to be happy.
- Always talking or thinking about death.
- Clinical depression (deep sadness, loss of interest, trouble sleeping, and eating) that gets worse.
- Taking risks that could lead to death, such as driving through red lights.
- Making comments about being hopeless, helpless, or worthless.
- Putting affairs in order, like tying up loose ends or changing a will.
- Saying things like “It would be better if I weren’t here” or “I want out”.
- Talking about suicide.
- Visiting or calling close friends and loved ones.
For more information visit WebMD.
YOU DON’T HAVE TO SUFFER AND KEEP THINGS TO YOURSELF. REMEMBER WE LIVE ONLY ONCE AND LET’S MAKE THE TIME ON EARTH LIVING A WORTHFUL LIFE.
- Visit an expert or talk to your friends and family about your problems and your choice.
- Ask for suggestions and share your experiences.
- Believe me, we all have been through this, it’s crippling.
- Don’t be ashamed of your mental health, get out, and shout out.
- Stop screaming inside your head.
- I know its difficult to do these, but hey better late than never.
- NEVER EVER LEAVE THEM ALONE.
Reason Why People Are Depressed:
- One in every four people in the world is suffering from neurological problems and India ranks amongst the top 10 depressing countries.
- The main reason is academic pressure and unsurprisingly India ranks second after China.
- Discrimination based on caste, sex, and race.
- A pressure to fit in with society.
- Parental pressure over their kids to fulfill their dreams (toxic parenthood).
- Discouraging their kids to follow their choice and do what society likes.
- Getting betrayed by their friends who they once thought would be forever (choose your friends wisely). Now some of you might say that ” well, that doesn’t make sense because who is loyal after all” that’s where the problem is.
- We don’t know what a person might be going through and there comes the lack of sympathy and understanding.
- What does it take to be loyal, kind, and grateful about what you have? and to share with the one who once considered you a friend.
I am no doctor after all, but it’s very easy to become a human and act like one. All we have to do is make everyone feel worth and live a peaceful life with no barriers, be grateful, and don’t waste your time on unworthy people who do not respect your existence. I am really grateful to my family and friends because of their presence in my life. I am more happy and stable in my life.
Feel free to approach me and let’s talk about our problems. A HUMAN FOR A HUMAN. A LIFE FOR A LIFE.